Seems primitive enough but needs to be discussed. Unfortunately many feel that this needs only be done once a week.
- Carpet spotter chemical
- Check vacuum for full bag and that suction as well as brushes are working. Check cord for cuts, tears, or exposed wire.
- Daily either vacuum or traffic lane vacuum entire area. If using an upright vac, work with the brushes ( or really against the brush) so that dirt is lifted up and can be sucked.
- If using a canister place vacuum in center of room as best as possible and vacuum into the area where the vacuum is located. This will avoid constantly lifting and moving the vacuum, do this as you work out of the room.
- Spray any spots with a spot cleaner preferably a spray and walk away. This will help keep carpets in top shape until you clean them.
- Upon completion check bags, cords and brushes. Clean down vacuum and roll up wires and put away neatly.
Vacuuming is a crucial part of your facilities maintenance. You would not skip sweeping or cleaning the bathrooms for 1 day and your carpets require the same care. Some say - carpets are unhealthy but the truth is not that carpets are unhealthy the way many maintain carpets are what's unhealthy. Vacuum daily and your occupants will be happier. Your carpets will last longer. And your budget will be happier too.