The maintenance of a Marmoleum floor is much the same as VCT with a few exceptions.
- Most marmoleum floors have a factory finish so IF possible try not to wax in the first year.
- This option will change if installed in a high traffic area
- Broom and dustpane
- Bucket and wringer
- Autoscrubber for (larger facilities)
- Neutral floor soap
- Swing buffer
- Spray buff
- Marmoleum floor should be swept daily
- Spot mop floor daily with neutral soap and cold water. In higher traffic areas, mop daily with neutral soap and cold water
- In larger facilities with high traffic patterns autoscrub the floor daily with nuetral soap and cold water followed by mopping edges with mop
- Spray buff the floor monthly for the first year with a white or a blue ice pad
- Scrub and wax as required after the first year, or after first application of non factory finish has been applied to the floor
- Try not to wax floor until required - Marmoleum floor is fairly resilient and will take a lot of traffic. Usually 1 to 2 years
- When it's time to wax - Follow the Scrub and wax procedure
- Never use stripper on Marmoleum or Forbo flooring as this could remove the natural oils in the product and will remove the colour from the floor.
"Nothings too filthy for Phil-T"
Welcome to Phil T Klean. In this blog we will discuss, technique's, how to's, and product reviews. I have had the opportunity to try and test different, products, equipment and procedures and will give a unbiased opinion. If you are a manufacturer and would like me to try and write up about your latest technology or product feel free to contact me and I would be more then happy to try. I hope that this information will be of value to my readers and feel free to contact me with any questions.
Wednesday, October 3, 2012
How to Maintain a Marmoleum Floors
Labels: Cleaning products ottawa, Cleaning supplies Ottawa, cleaning tips, floor care, floor finish, How to clean floors, how to maintain floors, how to maintain forbo floor, How to Maintain marmoleum floor, sweeping
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment