Scrub and Recoat with General Purpose Cleaner
· Read MSDS sheets prior to begin work and follow all protective measures.
· Read the labels on the bottles as required by the manufacturer.
· Place Wet floor signs in all entrances and traffic areas as required.
· Make sure you have all the equipment and supplies required to start the job.
· Check the equipment reliability including its electric cables.
· Place opened carton boxes at the end of door ways to protect the floor in adjacent rooms
· Dust mops the room thoroughly and scrape off any gum or other sticky residual.
· Fill mop bucket with cool water – 5 gallons.
· Add 16 oz of General Purpose Cleaner concentrate detergent – mixing ration of .
· Close the bottle containing the detergent.
· Liberally apply solution covering a 10 feet by 10 feet section.
· Make sure you have full coverage.
· Place the pad under the swing machine. Use red to remove one coat and blue to remove two coats.
· Work swing machine with a natural motion, back and forth overlapping and covering the whole area.
· Using the doodlebug, agitate the edges at the room perimeter.
· Thoroughly pick up with a wet vacuum and the squeegee. Make sure that no residue is let behind.
· Let the floor dry before applying a new coat of finish.
· Place a garbage bag in the mop bucket as a liner
· Pour only needed amount of finish into the mop bucket
· Use a clean damp finishing mop
· Saturate finishing mop in the finish solution.
· Gently wring lower two thirds of mop
· Starting at the mop bucket, cut in an area of approximately 6 feet by 10 feet section.
· Remember to stop 6 inches from the wall edge when applying multiple coats.
· Use figure eight motion to fill in the cut in area.
· Make sure you are covering the whole area. Flip the mop when it starts to drag.
· Allow proper dry time between coats. (30 minutes is the average time)
· Wait five minutes before using any type of fan.
· Test the area finished for tackiness before applying the next coat.
· Remove the unused finish if required and the bag liner.
· Rinse wringer and mop bucket.
· Wipe bucket down with a warm cloth for heavy build up spots.
· Rinse out completely all finish mops and hand to dry.
· Rinse mop handle and place in storage.
· Seal all containers for storage and make sure they are all properly identified.
· Dispose of any garbage, and empty containers into the trashcan.
· Do not remove wet floor signs until the floor is completely dry.
· Time for a break!!!